This looks like a fascinating issue of AGB’s (the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges) magazine. I’m also fascinated that they have called their magazine trusteeship, which invokes the past pretty directly and raises the question of what it means to be true to first principles in a period of change.
Welcome to AGB’s special online-only 2015 Trusteeship Tech Issue, which is intended to increase board members’ understanding of technology’s central role in higher education’s new normal. Our cover piece, by Eric Denna, examines Higher Education’s Return on Information Technology. That is followed by Susan Grajek’s must-read top 10 list of What Boards Need to Know about Technology in 2015. Regular contributor Stephen G.Pelletier then tells us about Taming “Big Data”: Using Data Analytics for Student Success and Institutional Intelligence.Academic Freedom in the Age of Social Media is thoroughly dissected by AGB Senior Scholar Robert M. O’Neil. And finally, we close with a question on every board member’s mind: Need IT with That? How One Board Effectively Oversees Technology, by Angel L. Mendez. Happy reading!
- Higher Education’s Return on Information Technology
- What Boards Need to Know about Technology in 2015
- Taming “Big Data”: Using Data Analytics for Student Success and Institutional Intelligence
- Academic Freedom in the Age of Social Media
- Need IT with That? How One Board Effectively Oversees Technology
- Technology as Game Changer
- Anticipating Cyberattacks on College and University Campuses
- Making Tech Front and Center
- Planning for the Tech Future
- Where is Technology Taking Higher Ed?